Monday, October 18, 2010

Moving on to week four

Reviewing!
Well, the kids are learning quicker than mom and dad, so we are ready to move on to week four. If you are following the twelve week schedule to Christmas, you may still be on week three, but feel free to move at your own pace. I have a feeling we will slow down in mid-November when the passages are longer!

I printed a review sheet for the kids to take to church this week that had weeks 1-4 on it. We had learned 1-3, but week 4 was new, and I thought that looking at it during church would give them a head start in becoming familiar with it for the week. Well, to my surprise (I should stop being surprised!), the oldest three kids (13, 10, 8), had week four memorized by the time sacrament was over!

During church, I was busy walking the halls with the baby, and I took our four-year-old with me so that he wouldn't be disruptive without me sitting next to him. As we walked around the halls, I would say a line from "The Living Christ" and let him repeat it. He thought it was great fun, and it did help pass the time (reverently) until the end of sacrament. In the car on the way home, he pulled out the review sheets I had made for the older kids and pointed to the pictures and started reciting! He's part way through weeks 1-3!